"Electric guitar seduced Cuban away from Classical studies.
Advanced mix of Jazz and Blues" - The Montreal Gazette
"Cuban musician rocks" - Celeste Mckenzie, The Ottawa Citizen
Ferrer, an outstanding world-class Cuban musician who has played all
over the globe and on no less than 30 CDs, do a workshop performance
was an absolute jaw-dropping experience. It plainly showed
music has no boundaries".
the best guitarist I have listened to in the last 30
Grammy winner pianist
Chucho Valdes (in
ocasion of having Elmer as special guest of the Chucho
Valdes Quintet concert opening the first edition of
the Varadero Jam Festival).
Elmer Ferrer has toured the world with his band,
thrilling crowds with his blazing guitar riffs of
Jazz, Blues and Rock. Ferrer played intense Bluesfest
sets at the Large Rogers Stage".
- "Cisco Ottawa Bluesfest" - Ottawa Metronews
was a brief lull before the hypnotic strains of
Morrison's final song, Gloria, were blasted out
of our brains by the screaming guitar of Elmer Ferrer's
opener (...) On the Rogers Stage, the Cuban guitarslinger was set up
and ready to go moments after Morrison departed."
- "35 000 music lovers savour festival´s biggest opening night" - Ottawa Citizen, July/07 (Van
Morrison and Elmer Ferrer Band were the only acts for
the 2007 opening night of Canada's largest Blues Festival,
the Cisco Systems Ottawa Bluesfest
"Elmer Ferrer Band rocked the Main Stage yesterday afternoon"
- A perfect summer day (The Ottawa Citizen, Jul 9/06).
“Elmer’s music is so far advanced – a mix of Cuban jazz
with Electric Blues. When you put those two things
together, it was so ridiculously fast and beautifully
played to the point it was almost unbelievable”
- Canadian Music Promoter
Paul Symes. Article by Celeste MacKenzie published on
the Montreal Gazette
"Ferrer´s music straddles lines that typically separate
jazz and rock; his intensity and virtuosity break down
any imaginary barriers or labels that we like to assign"
Cuba Today” Editor´s pick at NY descarga.com
"This CD is so full of good music, great composition and
fat attitude, that it is flat out addicting! Elmer has
one of the best guitar tones going, so fat and juicy it
just knocked me out!”
- “Fango Dance” Review by Stuart Winkleman (rocketsounds.com)
“Elmer is the next big thing: Subtle tone combined with
raw power; muscle with real musicianship; potent
production -this record has it all. Elmer Ferrer has a
long career ahead of him and ranks among the best
players in the world. Check it out now before he becomes
the next big thing!”
- "Fango Dance" Review by JC Weyman via cdbaby.com
" Thank you! a guitarist with a great chord vocabulary.
Wouldn't change a thing. Soulful playing. Brilliant!"
- "El mar no descansa" Review by Norah Jones' former Dave Wood via garageband.com
is an instrumental piece of art in which Jazz emerges
covering the broad spectrum of fusion:
from electric to jazz rock and AfroCuban beats.
A real display of good taste and musical audacity"
Ferrer, Guitar at the ready"
- Odalys Troya, "Trabajadores" Newspaper, 2003
guitar player -acoustic and electric- being also
songwriter of themes inviting to the most overflowing
reflection and improvisation (...) more
breaking than any rock or jazz fan can imagine. Each
listen brings new appeals"
"The sounds of the
City. Elmer Ferrer and his CD Metrópoli" - Tony Basanta, "La Bijirita" Newspaper
- Blues Festival Rocks - Chelsey Romain, The Daily Press
- Interview with
CBC Radio's Matt Galloway
(HERE AND NOW), Jul 20/06
- Interview with
CBC Radio's Adrian Harewood (ALL IN A DAY), Jul 4/06
- "Fango Dance" - A review by Juan Camacho
- "Latin Blues with a taste of Ottawa" - Ottawa Citizen, Jul 8/05
- "Cuba's hot guitar hand" - "Cuba's hot guitar hand" - Exclusive
Interview by Stuart Winkleman at
"The sounds of the city. Elmer Ferrer and his CD Metropoli" - Review
Tony Basanta, Juventud Rebelde Newspaper, Apr 04
- "Guitar at the ready" - Trabajadores Newspaper, Sept
- "Cuban Guitar Sniper" - Juan Camacho, La Bijirita Newspaper, 2002
Only in Spanish
- Rock national Radio program
Sabarock had Elmer as special guest
on Oct 1st, 2005, a saturday night dedicated
to Elmer´s music -
Complete Sabarock script and Interview with Elmer Ferrer by Director Carlos Fornés.
- "Elmer Ferrer" - Article by Humberto Manduley for
El Caimán Barbudo Newspaper, No. 23
- "Elmer Ferrer and the reminiscences of Trova" -
Juan Eduardo Bernal Echemendía (Juanelo), nuevatrova.com,
- "Metropoli, Elmer Ferrer" - Mayelín Pérez Hernández, Cubadisco Newspaper,
Elmer Ferrer. Metrópoli. A
review by Joaquín Borges-Triana for the International Jazz Plaza
Guitarra a Cuestas.
Rebelde Newspaper, May 20, 2003.
Metrópoli. Elmer Ferrer. Review by Joaquín Borges-Triana for El Caimán Barbudo,